- Provide access to information on hundreds of regional and statewide services that help seniors & adults with disabilities remain independent and to inform family & friends faced with the challenges caregiving can bring.
- Resource Locator is an interactive guide to finding support services tailored to your own personal needs.
- King George County Sheriff's office participates, along with other agencies, in TRIAD by implementing activities designed to reduce the level of criminal victimization as it impacts senior persons. The goal of TRIAD is to reduce the fear of crime and victimization among seniors by increasing awareness of scams and frauds targeting them, strengthening communication between the law enforcement and senior communities, and educating seniors on local and state resources that are available in their community.
Don’t have a computer? You may still get assistance by visiting or calling King George Senior Navigator Center located inside the L.E. Smoot Library, 540-775-2147
- Resource Directory (http://03be1b5.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/seniordirectory.pdf)
- Mobility Option Transportation Program (http://03be1b5.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mobility-Options-Information-Guide-2013.pdf),
- Companion Aid Program (http://03be1b5.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Companion-Aide-List-Up-dated-10-30-14-Rcvd-1-5-2015-Diane.pdf) and
- Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance (http://03be1b5.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/RAAA-MEDICARE-PART-D-WORKSHEET-2014-2015.pdf)
The overall mission of the King George Department of Social Services is to promote and enhance the quality of life for the residents of the County through locally administered State/Federal/Local/Private programs designed to support the economic and social self-sufficiency of families and to safeguard vulnerable children, the disabled and our elderly residents.
- Food Bank, Food Stamps, Medicaid, State/Local hospitalization, General Relief, Temporary Assistance, Fuel Assistance, Elderly with Disabilities Assistance, Child Care Assistance, Adult Protection Services, Adult Companion and Domestic Violence