How to shop the pantry
Love Thy Neighbor Food Pantry gives away food to anyone who shows up: there is no charge and ID/documentation is not requested or required.
- Location: 10250 Kings Highway, King George, VA. We are around the back of the building which is not accessible from the front of the building, so you will want to NOT turn into the building itself, but on the next street (Journal Parkway) and then make your first immediate right. Scroll down to see a map.
- Shopping hours: Sunday from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM, and Saturdays from 9:30AM-11:30AM
- First-time shoppers will be asked to register and then get shopping! We have a limited supply of boxes and bags so you may consider bringing your own when possible.
- Return shoppers provide their name so we can register them and then get shopping!
- What to expect: a few cans of fruits & vegetables, soup, cereal, bread, frozen meat, fresh produce, shampoo and other hygiene products, pet food, and whatever else we have based on donations we have received.
- COVID-19 update: In accordance with CDC guidelines, as of March 2022 we are not requiring face coverings. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines moving forward.
- Everyone is welcome; no one is turned away.
If you are unable to shop...
Our time and resources are extremely limited, however we can deliver to a few areas within King George County for special cases. Please Contact Us with your inquiry.
We offer curb-side pickup on Thursday afternoons using OrderAhead. This is a program through the Fredericksburg Food Bank – pick up is currently limited to every other week. Online orders must be placed by Wednesday night for pickup from Love Thy Neighbor on Thursday afternoon.
Other Food Pantries:
If Love Thy Neighbor is not convenient to your location, try the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank’s Food Pantry Locator. You can also try their smartphone app “FredFoodVA”.